Sunday, April 1, 2007

Blue and Gold Weekend





This weekend was Boy Scouts Blue and Gold banquet for our local Pack. My son is a Tiger Cub and this was our first Blue and Gold, my mission was to decorate the tables for our families and some of the tables for other things. I hit the dollar store first and worked with the ideas of Blue and Gold and Luau. My first thought was fresh pineapples for each of the kids to take home, with seven kids this was almost $30 for the cheapest I could find. Plan B was Gold Fish $.12 each this was in my price range. With a $.77 bowl, two $.12 each fish, some glass pebbles and fish food we were in business. This event was for the entire pack, not just our den. I made tags using Island Blossoms with each boys name. I tied a rubber band on with the ribbon and used that to put the tags on the bowls. I think they were cute and the boys loved it that they got to take the fish home. I think our tables looked great (we had the yellow table cloths). We came home with 7 new patches! I still haven't gotten time to play with my new House Mouse Happy Hopper stamp, but I am hoping. Everyone goes back to school this week and the weather looks to be nice. I have to be home all day Tuesday for a repairman. I hope to get some stamping done!
Some bad news we had a death in the family($.12 gold fish don't last long). We maybe going back to Wal-Mart for more fish!

1 comment:

Rochelle W said...

What a great idea.