Monday, April 9, 2007

Happy Hopper Box


I finally got to use my new Happy Hopper stamp by House Mouse Designs. I found these cute little hard plastic box/purses at Hobby Lobby in their clearance isle for $.67 each and I just knew that they would be cute for my nieces for Easter. I didn't really have a design in mind at the time, but I think they came together nicely. I used SU Yoyo Yellow and Pixie Pink cardstock I stamped "Balloon Journey" on Whisper White cardstock with Basic Black Classic Ink. I used Rose Art colored pencils and odorless thinner to color it in and then smooth our the pencil lines. This is the suggested technique for coloring on http://www.house-mouse.com/. I used Offray sheer dotted Hot Pink ribbon and Bright Yellow ribbon from my stash. The picture is not the best, hard to light the shiny plastic box without getting a bright spot in the middle. Believe me they were really cute and I filled them with an Easter puzzle, a snap bracelet with feathers, and Acrylic Studio G stamps. The girls loved them and the box in the picture is mine. Usually I give away all my cute stuff, but I just had to keep one for myself this time!

I finally found the Studio G stamps at Michael's - the $1.00 stamps, I had been to all the area M stores and called a few others with no luck. I stopped by one on Saturday morning and got a complete set! I was so excited! Later that day I found the Autumn Leaves Clear Stamps by Rhonna Farrer at Archivers for $1.99 each - really cute! Oh! Did I say that I spent the rest of Saturday at Page Makers cropping? They do a fun, all day crop the first Saturday of the month for $5.00 witch gets you a 4 X 2 table, snacks, attendance prizes or drawings, and a 10% discount all day. I love the girls over there they make it worth the 45 minute drive.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter, ours was a bit cool, but otherwise beautiful! The weather here has been strange since December, on Christmas it was warmer than on Easter! Who knows! Earlier this spring we had 80 degree weather and then when everything was bloomed out nice we have had 5 days of freezing weather, most of the fruit crops are damaged if not lost. I don't know what my flowers are going to do? I hope they all come out of it.

More Later,

Lori

1 comment:

Rochelle W said...

Lori,
This is super cute. I bet your nieces love them.