Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Unused set


I got to thinking about the unused sets I have, something I ordered and then got busy and did not/have not used. Touch of Nature is one of those sets, I went to a stamp convention/show and saw a project with a fern stamp. I really liked the project but did not by the stamp because I knew SU had a similar set. I bought it, and it came in with some other stuff. I got busy with the other stuff, so it ended up on the self and then at the bottom of the stack. I pulled it out and tried to remember what the project I saw was. Then I found a picture. The part that I liked was that the fern had been stamped multiple times on glossy cards stock. On glossy you can stamp three to four times with the same ink. You get lots of shades of the same color. The other thing that I liked was the gold edge. It was done with a Krylon 18 kt Gold Leafing pen. I like the pen but I need to practice to get a good straight line. I wanted a natural feel to the colors so I used True Thyme, Always Artichoke, Glossy White, and Whisper White card stock. I used Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, and Certainly Celery classic ink to get the greens. I used Really Rust, Ruby Red, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, and Always Artichoke ink and the aqua painters to water color the image. I dabbed a sponge in Mellow Moss and then dabbed at the card stock so it wasn't so white. I punched the corners with the ticket corner punch for interest and here we are!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think this card is absolutely beautiful! I saw it on SplitCoast Stampus and had to find out the colors you used. Touch of Nature is one of my unused sets, too. I'm going to put it together this weekend. Thank you for the inspiration! D-A Vosseler